Thursday, August 12, 2010

Windows 7

Ok I have Windows 7 now.

So far it's just so meh...

It looks like vista.
Feels like vista.
Acts like vista.
Even tastes like vista.

By god! if I didn't know it was Windows 7 I would say it's Vista!

Ok.. maybe it's not the exact same as vista but it pretty much feels more like an update than a whole new OS.

There is only a couple of things that I have noticed so far.

And that there is less prompting, But its the same kind of prompting as in vista(which I hated more than the amount of times I was prompted.)
And a lot of the pictures and colours.
Oh and that when I open up explorer(The file veiwer not browser.) it takes me to a folder called "Libraries"?
And theres no way to change that. Nor create a shortcut to "My Computer." Or anything...

Oh and the driver for my sound card doesn't work... and apparently it is the latest... =/

So far Windows 7 is just Vista 2.0, Well to me that is.

But what was I expecting? It's Windows! I can't expect anything good until after a few service packs has come out.

Anyway lets talk about course, Had an electronics lecture and a software engineering lecture.
Yup...
Started working on space invaders in a console app.... Haven't gotten far... Mainly cause it isn't a project just something I have decided to do in spare time.
Oh and in the software engineering lecture I found out what XP in Windows XP stands for.

We were looking at "Extreme Programming (XP)" which is blah blah I won't get into it.
And someone asked if thats what XP means in Windows XP, But no it doesn't.

It means Experience.
Yup just like an RPG.

I have 6k Windows Experience! only 1k and I lvl my Windows to SP3!!!

"I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!"
~ Gaz - Invader Zim

~ Haftka

No comments:

Post a Comment